REACH FORK LIFT TRUCK TRAINING – NOVICE
Reach fork lift trucks are one of the most widely used and are a key part of the process in warehousing, distribution and lots of other business operations. The ability to steer 90 degrees and turn in tight spaces means that reach forklifts can be used in smaller warehouses or where racking is closer together.
FLT Training Ltd offers Reach Fork Lift Truck training at a number of levels to suit your business requirements
Who is this course for?
Candidates who have no experience of reach forklift truck operations and need to gain experience and industry certification for a Reach Fork Lift Truck
Course Structure - Novice Training
- Course induction
- Health & safety
- Lifting operations and lifting equipment regulations
- Provision and use of work equipment regulations
- Approved code of practice
- Operator safety and observation
Areas of study
- Pre-shift checks and tests
- Defect reporting procedures
- Lift truck stability, engineering principles and weight assessment
- Rated capacity & load centres
- Hydraulic system and use of the controls
- Refuelling and recharging procedures including battery handling and housing
- Driving in simulated working conditions
- Manoeuvring skills
- Stacking, de-stacking and load handling skills
- Vehicle loading and offloading
- Theoretical examination
- Practical examination
Candidates will undertake a multiple-choice test to assess their job-related safety knowledge at the beginning of the course and a practical test following the training. A certificate relevant to the level of training undertaken will be awarded on successful completion.
As an accredited trainer, we offer two levels of certification for your staff:
- National photo ID certificate (additional £20 per person). This enables the trainee to operate (with permission) anywhere in the UK. The certificate is valid throughout the UK and will be recognised by both employment agencies and perspective employers.
- Non-accredited (in-house)training which allows the delegates to operate at your company premises only.
Prerequisites and Access Requirements
We offer training either at our fully equipped training sites or at customers’ premises. When conducting training at customers’ premises we will require the following:
- An indoor warehouse area
- Several pallets both empty and loaded
- Access to and use of racking
- A designated room for classroom sessions.
Course held at customer premises are subject to additional charges depending on the distance from our Birmingham of Liverpool offices. Please contact us for more details.
Number of delegates
£120 per person
Castle Vale, Birmingham or at your company premises
Reach course options
Introduction to Reach Fork Lift Truck
All of our commercial training courses are RTITB accredited